Combustion Equipment / BurnersBurners
Pillard NovaFlam® is multi-channel burner for rotary kilns for cement plants. It is a widely acclaimed premium technology at the service of the cement industry.
Easy-to-adjust and user friendly
Thanks to an intuitive flame adjustment system, the burner is easy to operate, delivers repeatable flame shaping and limits the operational risks associated with improper flame setting in the kiln.
High impulse efficiency
Pillard NovaFlam® delivers an optimum flame momentum thanks to the reduced burner pressure drop and a unique patented tip design allowing a quick suction of the secondary air into the flame root for hotter/more intense flames
Single air supply
Only one single stage primary air fan rated 230mbar (standard case) is required thereby lowering electrical energy demand and high maintenance cost generally associated with unnecessary high pressure blowers.
- From 8 to 200 MW
- Pulverized coal, petroleum coke, anthracite, heavy oil, diesel oil, waste oils, solvents, natural gas, solid wastes (fluff, papers, plastics, wood chips, tire fluff etc.)
- Low NOx design
Pillard RotaFlam® is a leading rotary kiln burner for non ferrous minerals pyroprocessing and iron ore pelletisation industries.
Thanks to its patented principle the Pillard RotaFlam® perfectly matches the combustion specific requirements of each unique process.
For calcinations and reduction processes, such as quicklime, dolomite, pulp & paper lime recovery, expanded clay, ferronickel, magnetite, chromium oxide, titanium oxide, lithium, iron ore, etc.
Proven technology for non-cement application
For more than 20 years, the Pillard RotaFlam® has been successfully used in numerous applications worldwide using rotary kilns for calcinations and reduction processes, such as quicklime, dolomite, pulp and paper lime recovery, expanded clay, ferronickel, magnetite, chromium oxide, titanium oxide, lithium, iron ore, etc.
High flame stability
The central flame stabilizing system induces recirculation of core eddies which guarantee perfect flame stability of flame root even at cold start and low secondary air temperatures.
Wide range of flame shaping possibilities
Burner tip’s cross section area can be adjusted independently from each others, during burner operation allowing to fine tune the flame setting to each unique process conditions.
Reduced primary air volume
The high combustion efficiency of Pillard RotaFlam® makes it possible to reduce the primary air volume to improve the thermal efficiency of the kiln, while ensuring lower residual CO from the combustion process.
- From 5 to 180 MW
- From 6 to 10% primary air flow
- From 150 to 200 mbar primary air pressure
Pillard PrecaFlam is a multi-channel burner for cement kilns precalciners, allowing the efficient combustion of a wide combination of fuels.
Each Pillard PrecaFlam is tailor-designed to fit each specific precalciner type, taking into account the fuels characteristics, allowing higher combustion efficiency:
- improved burn-out
- lower CO
- lower NOx
Flame stability improvement
Pillard PrecaFlam is equipped with a flame stabilizing device ensuring prompt ignition of any fuel type and improved flame stability
High fuel versatility
Pillard PrecaFlam allows an efficient combustion of a wide combination of calciner fuels, including lower grade alternative solid fuels, thereby lowering plant operating costs.
- From 5 to 180 MW
- Position: inclined, horizontal, vertical
- Natural gas, fuel oil, waste oil, pulverized coal, pet coke, anthracite, alternative solid fuels…
- Primary air amount from 3% to 6%
- Primary air pressure from 50 to 120 mbar
Pillard GR PK
Pillard GR PK is a low NOx burner for pulverized solid fuels. Suitable for front & tangential firing as well as for vertical top firing downwards. Fuel gas and/or fuel oil firing can be added as 2nd and 3rd fuel per burner up to 100% capacity.
- Low wear design of the pulverized fuel contacted parts
- No movable parts within the pulverized fuel flown areas
- No local adjustments on burner
- Simple design for easy maintenance
- power burners for watertube boilers, firetube boilers, thermal oil heaters, hot gas generators
- start-up burners for coal fired Power Stations
- support burners for grate fired boilers
- Capacity per burner 3 to 50 MW
- Turn down ratio pulv. fuel up to 1:4.2 per burner
- Pulverized bituminous & lignite coals
- Pulverized biomass (e.g. bio coal, sun coal, torrefied wood)
- Wood dust