Handling & StorageClinker Storage / Discharge / Reclaims
The correct design – also in the field of clinker storage – is the most important foundation stone for economic operation. Important aspects apart from the stripping capacity and optimum design of the conveying lines are above all the material characteristics and the appropriate design of bunker, storage or silo. AUMUND through its long term know how in this field offers comprehensive advice for technically and economically achievable solutions.
Storage of cement clinker is a prerequisite for continuous kiln operation. Constantly increasing kiln capacities ensure storage volumes of 200,000m3 or more.
The situation on site as well as the specific properties of the material determine the configuration
of the storage and handling equipment. Above all the following aspects need to be taken into consideration here:
• Available space
• Statics, soil bearing capacity and groundwater situation
• Bulk material temperature and flow properties
• Environmental regulations and aesthetics
• Investment and operational costs
• Capacity and unloading capacity (in automatic operation)
The MOLEX® discharge system is a residue-free emptying system which prepares consistent clinker blends and a high storage volume.
- Higher active storage volume in circular storages and large capacity silos
- Clinker discharge of up to 97 per cent
- Use of a blend of old and fresh clinker
- Use of a blend of fine and coarse particle
- Low investment and operational costs through reduction of only one discharge channel and reduced use of conveyors and silo discharge units
Silo Discharge Gate
With more than 1,500 installations worldwide silo discharge is the AUMUND standard element for dosed emptying of clinker silos. They ensure effective environmental conservation through significant reduction in dust exposure.
- No free fall of the clinker onto the conveyor
- Low throughput speed – corresponding to the discharge speed of the pan conveyor – effectively avoids dust generation (gravity principle)
- Layer height limiter for constant discharge capacity
- Control of the conveyed volume by adapting the discharge speed of the deep drawn pan conveyor or through adjustment of the layer height limitation
- Simple, reliable concept
- Discharge capacities of more than 1,000t/h in one line